life hacks and student discounts in Barcelona
Being a student in Barcelona can get pricey fast. Luckily, there are easy and convenient ways to make the most of your money as a young person here in Barcelona. Here is a list of some of the best life hacks and student discounts in Barcelona to lighten your everyday spending.
Public Transport news: 50% discount on T-Jove and T-Usual extended in 2023
With the extension of these discounts, public transport ticket prices in 2023 will be as follows:
- Single journey within one zone: €2.40
- T-Casual within one zone: €11.35
- T-Usual within one zone: €20
- T-Jove: €40. This ticket is now for individuals up to 30 years of age.
- Please note that from 2023 you can no longer buy the T-Jove as a separate ticket at the metro station, but must get a magnetic card for this purpose. This can be done online through TMB’s website. You don’t need an NIE number for this, you can just use your passport number.
When do OV tickets purchased in 2022 expire?
T-Usual and T-Jove are valid until December 31, 2023. T-Casual tickets purchased in 2022 expire on Jan. 15, 2023. Tickets purchased in 2022 that have not been used can be exchanged for tickets of the same type until June 30, upon payment of the corresponding price difference.