What are cookies?
Barcelona expat life uses different cookies. We use: Necessary cookies, targeting cookies, performance cookies and functional cookies. You can read more information about cookies below.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. They cannot be switch off in our systems.
These cookies are set by our advertising partners to provide analytical data on behavioural advertising and re-marketing. The profile created regarding your browsing interests and behaviour is used to customise the ads you see when you visit other websites. They do not store any direct personal information but are based on the unique identification of your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
These cookies are set to improve the functionalities and personalization of the website. They can be set by us or by third-party providers. They help us know, for example, which pages are most or least popular. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
How long do cookies last?
Cookies normally expire after a certain period of time. It can range from a month to more than a year. You have different types of cookies. There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted after you close the website or after a period of inactivity. Persistent cookies remain until their expiry date. It is wise to delete all cookies after a month.
Which cookies do we use?
- _ga_*To store and count pageviews.
- _gaTo store and count pageviews.
- _gidTo store and count pageviews.
- _gat_gtag_UA_*To store a unique user ID.
- elementorTo store performed actions on the website.
- WordPress_sec_*To provide protection against hackers, store account details.
- WordPress_logged_in_*To Store logged in users.
- Wp_langTo store language settings.
- Wp-Settings-Time-*To store user preferences.
- moove_gdpr_popupTo store cookie consent preferences.
- tk_aiTo store a unique user ID.
- wordpress_test_cookieTo read if cookies can be placed.
- Wp-Settings-*To store user preferences.
- SIDCCTo provide the identification of trusted web traffic.
- HSIDTo provide fraud prevention.
- SIDTo provide ad delivery or retargeting, provide fraud prevention.
- __cf_bmCloudflare places the cookie on end-user devices that access customer sites protected by Bot Management or Bot Fight Mode.
- YSCYouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.
- tdUsed to deliver targeted adverts to users based on browsing activity. It is a HTTP cookie.
- #collectSends data such as visitor’s behavior and device to Google Analytics.
- _gat#Enables Google Analytics regulate the rate of requesting. It is a HTTP cookie type that lasts for a session.
- _ga_#Used to distinguish individual users by means of designation of a randomly generated number as client identifier, which allows calculation of visits and sessions
- vuidUsed by Vimeo player to check if certain features or preferences have been selected by the user on websites with embedded videos from Vimeo.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When you click a social media button on our website, a social media cookie is placed. The social media party can recognize your IP address when you want to share a part of our website, apps or a video. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the data they collect with this, we refer to the statements that these parties make on their own websites about this:
How to reject or remove cookies?